Twelve people were taken to hospitals Saturday after a lazy river swimming pool in Houston was apparently over-chlorinated, city fire officials said Saturday.

The exposure happened shortly before 5 p.m. at a location in the Briarforest neighborhood, the Houston Fire Department said in a statement.

Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña said the cause “appears to be an over-chlorination of the pool(s).”

In an initial tweet, the department said seven children and three adults went to hospitals and some of the patients drove or rode in private vehicles.

Peña later said 12 people were transported from the pool. Ages of he two other patients were not immediately available.

Conditions for the patients were unavailable.

Exposure to over-chlorination can cause eyes to burn, the throat to become sore, and even chemical-irritant-induced asthma.

Chlorine in liquid or tablet form is commonly used in swimming pools to kill germs.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *